Nannette Watts, CPA/ABV/CFF is a Consultant for the firm. Prior, Ms. Watts was the Director of Litigation Services at a Suffolk CPA firm and previously was a partner at a business appraisal and valuation services firm. Ms. Watts has authored articles on business valuation, forensic accounting, fraud and dispute resolution in publications including The New York Law Journal, Business Valuation Update, Financial Valuation & Litigation Expert, and The CPA Journal, among others.
Ms. Watts has more than 20 years of experience in performing business valuations, primarily of closely-held businesses for purposes including divorce, estate and gift taxes, shareholder disputes, business dissolution and buy/sell agreements. She has performed litigation services in the areas of shareholder disputes, breaches of contract, fraud and misappropriations, professional malpractice, business interruption, and bankruptcy and reorganization. In addition to these consulting services, she has assisted counsel in developing case strategy and cross-examination of opposing financial experts.
She is a graduate of Hofstra University having achieved a B.B.A. in Public Accounting. Licensed as a CPA, she has earned her Accreditation in Business Valuation (ABV) from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and has been certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the AICPA.
Ms. Watts has been qualified as an expert in the courts of Nassau, Suffolk, New York, Kings, Queens and Westchester Counties and has been appointed as the Court’s appraiser in many cases.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Nassau Chapter of the NYSSCPA Litigation & Forensic Services Committee
- Nassau Chapter of the NYSSCPA Financial Literacy Committee
- Long Island Chapter of National Conference of CPA Practitioners (NCCPAP)
- Attorneys and Accountants Networking Group (AANG)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Associate Member
- Long Island Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Long Island Center for Business & Professional Women
- American Bar Association (ABA), Associate Member
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP)
- Long Island Association (LIA)